Connect, Discover, Action
NUEL North Central Region Network Conference is Going Virtual!
May 18-19, 2020
The Executive Committee of the National Urban Extension Leaders, along with the North Central Region (NCR) representatives, have decided to host the NCR Network Conference virtually instead of in person. This decision was made in an effort to keep all participants safe and healthy as COVID-19 continues to spread globally and have dynamic impacts on our families and communities. A few answers to questions you may have are listed below. If you have other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
- The NCR Network Conference planning team decided to move to a virtual conference. We will engage Zoom experts from two or three Universities within our region to assist moving forward.
- The virtual sessions will be offered on May 18-19, 2020. The same dates as the scheduled in person conference. At this time, we are considering holding sessions beginning at 10am EST and ending at 5pm EST.
- Registration fees will be refunded in the full amount paid. Each person who registered before 4 pm on March 12, 2020 will receive an email confirming their cancelled registration. Refunds should be received 7-10 business days after receiving the cancellation email.
- Registration for the in-person conference is now closed.
- Registration for the virtual conference is anticipated to be shared and go live by mid-April.
- Each person must cancel their own hotel and travel reservations.
- Presenters, please expect an email from Robin Stone, with updates regarding your sessions. Support will be provided for those who are new to utilizing Zoom.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)—Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
We hope this does not cause too much of an inconvenience for those who have registered and made travel arrangements. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to engage with new peers within our region and to showcase how urban Extension remains relevant locally, responsive statewide, and recognized nationally even during challenging times.
Contact info to cancel hotel reservations:
Lowell Center – 608-256-2621
Graduate Madison – 608-257-4391